Program Description: In today’s age of knowledge, countries are competing to make information more readily available and accessible to the public. In the 1990s Egypt was one of the first developing countries to enter the information age by developing more than 900 national projects and 1300 information and decision support centers in governorates, cities and villages. However, the information structures currently in place, do not meet the needs or ambitions of Egypt. This reality emphasizes the importance of upgrading the radical structure of information in all Egyptian governorates and accordingly laying a foundation for qualitative data collection.
Vision: Information for development ... and knowledge for transformational change.
- Information Society
- Updating and developing databases in governorates, cities and villages.
- Readily providing data to the entire government, businesses and civil society.
- Using databases and technology for development projects and sound decision making.
- Providing modern services to communities that seek global competitiveness and a better life for all Egyptians.
- Building modern government institutions and striving towards competitive government performance .
Encouraging partnerships between universities and scientific research institutes and governorates.
Encouraging transformative initiatives in knowledge societies.
Publication of projects incubators and companies of progress and creativity and entrepreneurship for local development.
Building a modern nursery in each village and schools of excellence and excellence e. Building a distinguished university in each governorate f. Building a complex of modern schools in a distinctive cultural coordination in each center.
Disseminate knowledge and promote the transformation of the knowledge society.
Adopt partnerships to disseminate knowledge with universities, culture institutions, the Knowledge Bank and the Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
Cities and Smart Communities
Establish a framework for accelerating the development of new urban communities.
Develop a plan for the development and civilizational coordination of smart communities
Programs and projects:
- Digital transformation
- Developing, updating and upgrading databases and information centers for local development in the ministry, governorates, districts, cities and villages.
- Use and use of national and major databases for local development fields.
- Building centers for the use of geographic databases.
- Information transformation
- Building and using the local development observatory.
- Dissemination of information in all governorates for development, investment and services of citizens.
- The transformation of knowledge
- Special nursery in each village.
- Library in each village.
- An international university in each village.
- The program of scientists of the governorates of Egypt
Constitutional and legislative framework:
- Articles of the Constitution: 31, 68, 69 and 70