Program Description:To reach out for an economy based on improving social welfare and equity while minimizing environmental risks and dealing with lack of resources, sustainable development is the process of changing and exploiting resources to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. The implementation of the Green and Environmental Prefectures in the planning and development of localities in Egypt is not only to deal with the structural problems and challenges of the Egyptian governorates, but also to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the current strategy of new communities in Egypt and to ensure the highest national productivity and best use of all available resources.
Vision: Green communities achieving sustainable development.
- landscaping, productive tree, beautiful garden.
- Plant 10 million trees on the banks of canals and drains every year.
- To double the green areas of the parks in the governorates within a year.
- Each new city should have a central park and gardens in each district according to the global determinants (Ministry of Housing and Construction.
- Rehabilitation, development and revival of heritage parks and green areas.
the Nile .. Remove the encroachments on the Nile and return the Nile to all Egyptians
Preparing the general plan of the Nile River in Egypt and implementing plans to eliminate the violations and optimal exploitation of the Nile (Ministry of Irrigation).
Preparation of a joint project with the Ministry of Irrigation on the banks of the Nile (walk of the people of Egypt).
- New and renewable energy.
- Reduce lighting costs by% through rehabilitation of all local development buildings and achieve annual savings (LE 1 million).
- Five governorates target 50% of their solar energy needs.
- Waste Management
- Civilizational coordination.
- - Develop a plan for the civilizational coordination of each governorate.
- - Implementation of 3 - 5 projects in each governorate and a pilot project in each village (until mid 2018).
Constitutional and legislative framework:
- Constitutional articles: 32, 45, 46 and 79.